Marcus is a Partner in the London Office of Pattinson and Brewer specialising in serious injury work and working exclusively for Claimants both in Union and Private cases. He is the Multitrack Coordinator at Pattinson and Brewer and a passionate advocate of the rights of Claimants. He has a particular interest in spinal injuries.
He has considerable experience acting in all types of personal injury and clinical negligence work including major catastrophic injury/disability, notably spinal injury and victims of asbestosis and mesothelioma. He lectures regularly both for Unions , in house and to other organisations.
Marcus is well known for his tenacious approach in tackling difficult and ground breaking cases. Clients and colleagues alike describe him as an enthusiastic and extremely competent litigator with the ability to achieve excellent results.
Landmark cases include:
- Leading case on Contributory negligence Anderson v Newham College of Further Education
- Court of Appeal judgement Secretary of State for Social Services v John Joseph Davis leading to the amendment of The Social Security Industrial Injuries Regulations 2007.
- Successful Appeal case on limitation for a child abuse victim.
Cases of note during the last 12 months:
- Settled one of the first spinal injury claims to formally proceed through the multitrack code . Both liability and quantum were contested . The case settled for £4.2 million net.
- Settled contested Asbestosis claim for £100,000 within 12 months of instruction
- Claims for environmental injuries angiodema and leptospirosis
The Law Society; Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers , Secretary for the Environmental SIG of APIL , member of PEOPIL , Member of Multidisciplinary Association of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals (MASCIP) and the Spinal Injury Association
JPIL , Hospital Medicine , The Psychiatrist , Contributor to Jordan's APIL Personal Injury Law, Practice and Precedents. College of Law Media Video 2011 :Fatal accident claims , Contributor to 2012 Multitrack Code Interim Report .
Born 1971 . Educated University of Birmingham (LLB Hons.) Married with two daughters. Stoke City fan. Keen Musician. Enjoys sport esp Running and squash.