Pattinson & Brewer operates a Law Society compliant complaints procedure that is summarized below. We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
The client is advised in the initial letter to the client of the name of the supervising partner, together with the name of the firm’s complaints partner.
- The client is advised that if they have any concerns with regard to the conduct of their claims they should contact or write directly to lawyer handling their case
- The lawyer will address the complaint immediately and advise the supervising partner.
- In the event that the client is not satisfied with the response from the lawyer handling the case the client can contact either the supervising partner or the firm’s client care partner.
- All complaints will be acknowledged within 3 working days with a copy of this procedure.
- The client care partner will then investigate the complaint, review the file and speak to the member of staff with conduct of the file.
- She will then normally invite the client to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve the complaint. She will do this within 14 days of sending the acknowledgement.
- Within 3 days of the meeting, the client care partner will write to the client to confirm what took place and any solutions that have been agreed.
- If the client does not want a meeting or it is not possible, the client care partner will send a detailed written reply to the complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
- If more time is needed to deal with the complaint the client will be advised of the timescale.
- The Client Care Partner will identify the cause of any problem, offer appropriate redress and alter procedures where necessary.
- No charge will be made for dealing with a complaint.
- The Client Care Partner will record all complaints received and review them annually
- In order to ensure that any relevant lessons are learned from complaints the Client Care Partner will incorporate any lessons in departmental education sessions and in the individual’s appraisal discussions & objectives.
We have 8 weeks to consider a complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time or if you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. His address is PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ. He can also be contacted by phone on 0300 555 0333 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority ( https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page ).